Historically, the property was occupied by Saxon Royalty and is reputed to be the original burial place of King Ethelwulf, father of King Alfred the Great. It was later owned by Florence Nightingale.
Recently, the property has benefited from significant investment from English Heritage, including a comprehensive refurbishment of the Manor House.
- Located in Romsey, an attractive market town approximately 6 miles north-west of Southampton.
- Comprising a mix of educational buildings, staff and boarding houses, together with a Grade II* Listed Tudor Manor House, totalling 12,100 sq m (130,000 sq ft).
- Freehold with vacant possession.
- Use class C2 (residential institution).
- Suitable for residential, hotel or other uses subject to planning.
- Substantial school inventory available by separate negotiation.
- North Lodge available by separate negotiation.
The property is situated 2 miles north of Romsey and accessed from Stanbridge Lane / Old Salisbury Lane (B3084), which connects to the M3 and M27 via the A3057.